Frequently Asked Questions

Get answers and get started!

General Questions

For Hiring Clients

For Experts

How do I report Graphite income?

You will receive a 1099 for independent contractor income received on a Graphite project which contains the information needed to report your income to the IRS. There are numerous online resources with information on filing a tax return for 1099 income (including the IRS's own website), however, we recommend speaking with an accountant for specific details or for answers to questions particular to your situation.

For any project where the Expert has been classified as a W-2 fulltime employee rather than an independent contractor, the employer of record will handle sending a W-2 form to the Expert.

Note that the above information only applies to Experts based in the United States.

Ready to Supercharge your Firm?

Request Access
Looking for information on becoming a Graphite Expert?
Learn More
We use cookies for an optimal website experience. By using the site, you consent to our use of cookies as stated in our Privacy Policy.